Wednesday 18 March 2020
SATAC is monitoring developments on the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic daily.
The health and wellbeing of our staff, partners and the wider community are our first priority.
We are now facing the immediate challenge of ensuring minimal disruption to our services.
The situation unfolding in Australia is changing daily, and SATAC is following the expert medical advice of state and federal governments. We are now putting in place some precautionary measures in line with this advice:
- business continuity plans including planning for staff to work from home
- testing our customer service capabilities for delivery off-site
- following the recommendations for social distancing in the workplace
- rescheduling meetings and events or finding alternative ways to conduct business
- all international travel suspended
- staff urged to reconsider the need to travel interstate
Effective Thursday 19 March we are closing our face-to-face counter service at 104 Frome Street. This is to allow our staff to maintain appropriate social distancing recommendations.
The Applicant Services team is still available and ready to support customers over telephone and email. Our website and online applications are available 24 hours a day.
As a result of the ban on non-essential gatherings over 100 people, the Tertiary Studies and Careers Expo at the Adelaide Convention Centre in April is cancelled. SATAC will attend the event again in 2021.
For the latest updates and information about COVID-19 please refer to:
SATAC’s partner institutions are updating students and the community daily. Current applicants and students concerned about the impact on their studies should seek advice from their tertiary institution.