Tuesday 17 January 2017
Today is the main January offer round for undergraduate courses. SATAC will email all offers by 5pm.
The offer email contains important information about your offer and enrolment in your course, so it’s important that you read it carefully.
If you receive a first preference offer you don’t need to take any further action with SATAC, we’ll accept it on your behalf. Just follow the instructions for enrolling with your university to take up your place in the course.
If your offer is to a lower preference you will need to respond to it online. There’s no rush, the deadline for responding to a main round offer is Monday 30 January.
While we’re processing the main offer round, online applicant services via My Application will be closed. New applications are also closed during this time. This means that you won’t be able to respond to offers or change your preferences today. My Application will reopen tomorrow, Wednesday 18 January.
Applicants who do not receive an offer today will be notified by email. If you don’t receive an offer today you may still receive one in a later round, depending on your circumstances and the preferences you’ve listed. Many courses will have places available after the main round. You’ll be able to check the status of your application and individual preferences from tomorrow (Wednesday 18 January) using the offer status service via My Application.
There will be another round of undergraduate offers emailed on Tuesday 31 January, and regularly throughout February and early March. See our Key dates page for more information.
If you have questions about your SATAC application or offer, you might find the answer on our website. See the Clarify pages for information about applications for undergraduate courses.
If you need information that is specific to your application, contact SATAC for advice. We will deal with a large volume of phone and email enquiries over the coming days, so you may experience some delays getting through. Please be patient, and we will answer your questions as soon as we can.
Important points to remember:
- Applicant services via My Application will be closed today (Tuesday 17 January). This means you will not be able to log in to your application, change your preferences, or submit a new application until My Application reopens tomorrow.
- If you receive an offer for your first preference, SATAC will automatically accept the offer on your behalf. Read your offer PDF carefully and follow the instructions for enrolling in your course.
- If you receive an offer to a lower preference, or if you don’t receive an offer at all, you will be able to check the status of your application and individual preferences using the offer status service online via My Application tomorrow (Wednesday 18 January).
- The next major round of offers will be Tuesday 31 January. For a full list of offer round dates, please download the undergraduate offer round dates factsheet.
- SATAC staff are available to help with your application or answer any questions you may have. Please have your SATAC reference number handy when you contact us for assistance.
SATAC staff won’t accept a change of preference over the telephone. Please read our changing preferences fact sheet below for advice on how to change preferences in a SATAC application.
Changing preferences in a SATAC application (26.7kb)