If you begin a SATAC undergraduate application you will agree to the following terms and conditions of application:
- SATAC may collect, receive, store, transfer and use any information provided by me, or any information obtained in connection with this application and may disclose such information to all its member institutions, the Department of Education and Training, Universities Australia (UA), UA member institutions, the members of the Australasian Conference of Tertiary Admissions Centres (ACTAC), and any other tertiary educational institution or authority either in Australia or overseas where SATAC reasonably considers it is necessary to make such disclosure.
- SATAC may disclose the personal information I have given in my application to the Department of Education and Training or its successor for use in connection with the Higher Education Information Management System (HEIMS); and/or with the University Applications and Offers Data Collection; and/or with other collections as the Department of Education and Training or its successor may lawfully require from time to time.
- SATAC and its participating institutions have the right to cancel my application if it contains untrue or incomplete information, or to cancel or vary a course offer or enrolment which was made to me on the basis of untrue or incomplete information.
- SATAC and its participating institutions have the right to cancel or vary my course offer or enrolment if it can be shown that as an applicant I was ineligible or not sufficiently competitive to have been offered a place in the course.
- SATAC will not guarantee me equal consideration if I do not meet the relevant deadlines or do not pay the appropriate fees in accordance with instructions either published by SATAC or sent to me in any correspondence from SATAC relating to my application.
- SATAC will not guarantee me equal consideration if by any action, failure or omission on my part, I prevent SATAC from completing its processing and assessment of my application before the main offer round.
- SATAC and its participating institutions may obtain information with respect to my application directly from any parties named in my application. I agree, however, that SATAC will not guarantee me equal consideration* if any party is unwilling or unable to provide such information in time to allow SATAC to complete its processing andassessment of my application before the main offer round.
- SATAC may use both the information contained in my application and the information derived through the assessment of my application for research purposes relating to tertiary admissions.
- SATAC and its participating institutions may forward information about other courses and career options that may be available to me.
- SATAC’s participating institutions have the right to withdraw any course or change the content, location or method of presentation of any course that I may apply for or be offered.
- SATAC may supply a list of names of successful applicants and the offered course to the media for publication. I understand that if I do not wish my name to be included in such a list, I must notify SATAC in writing.
Year 12 students are also required to agree to the extra condition below:
- SATAC will supply application and offer information about applicants who undertook year 12 level study to the school(s) at which the applicants undertook such study. I understand that if I do not wish my name and details to be included in such information, I must notify SATAC in writing
The SATAC Applicant Charter provides more information about the obligations and responsibilities of SATAC and our participating institutions with regards to applications and assessment.