Equity Scholarships are for undergraduate students who can provide proof of financial need.
SATAC processes Equity Scholarships on behalf of the University of South Australia.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an Equity Scholarship through SATAC if you:
- are an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- hold a permanent humanitarian visa
- you have an offer to begin study at the University of South Australia, or
- you are continuing your studies at the University of South Australia and started your course in the previous year
- you will be enrolling in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
You are not eligible to apply for an Equity Scholarship through SATAC if you are:
- a full-fee paying student, or
- an international student
What information do I need to apply?
The type of information you will need to supply to SATAC will depend on your applicant status.
Current SATAC applicants
Will need to provide their SATAC undergraduate reference number.
Current University of South Australia students
Will need to provide their current student number and course details.
Proof of financial disadvantage
If you receive a Commonwealth means-tested income support payment you will need:
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) or
- your Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) file number
If you do not receive a Commonwealth means-tested support payment you will need to supply an income statement for each person in your household for the last two financial years.
For consideration for rural or regional ranking, you will need:
- your permanent residence postcode, and
- state that you moved for study and
- provide the names and postcodes of the schools you attended for the last two years of your secondary schooling
|Friday 3 January 2020||Equity Scholarships applications open for 2020|
|Thursday 5 March 2020||Closing date for 2020 Equity Scholarships applications|
|Monday 16 March 2020||SATAC must receive any requested documentation for your application by 5pm|
|Monday 16 March 2020||Online applicant services close|
|Tuesday 31 March 2020||Census date|
What other scholarships are available?
SATAC's participating institutions provide a range of scholarships and grants to assist students financially. Contact the institutions directly for more information about the scholarships on offer.
Frequently asked questions
SATAC has answered a range of frequently asked questions about Equity Scholarships applications. Please read the FAQs before you start an Equity Scholarships application.