2017 undergraduate offer round day - what you can expect
Friday 13 January 2017
SATAC will email the main January round of undergraduate offers by 5pm on Tuesday 17 January 2017.
SATAC sends offer information by email, so it is important that the email address provided in your SATAC application is current and one you can easily access. If you need to update your email address you can do so via My Application before 17 January. My Application will not be available on offer round day so it’s a good idea to check your email address is correct before then.
If you find you are not receiving emails from SATAC, check your junk or spam mail folder as sometimes mail from unknown email addresses is filtered from your main inbox. You can add SATAC to your ‘safe-sender’ list to ensure you don’t miss future correspondence.
Before offer day make sure you have your SATAC reference number handy. If you need to contact SATAC for any reason regarding your application you will need this number.
What to expect on offer round day:
If you receive an offer to your first preference, you won’t need to take any further action with SATAC. We will automatically accept the offer on your behalf. Read your offer PDF carefully and follow the instructions for enrolling in your course. If you wish to defer or make changes to your preferences, the offer letter will explain what you need to do.
If your offer is to a lower preference you will need to respond to it online. The deadline for responding to offers is Monday 30 January.
On Tuesday 17 January, during offer round processing, online services via My Application will be closed. This means that you will not be able to respond to offers or make changes to your preferences on this day. My Application services will reopen on Wednesday 18 January.
New applications will also be closed on the offer round day and will reopen on Wednesday 18 January.
If you are not receiving an offer in the first offer round SATAC will notify you by email. Many courses continue to make offers after the main offer round, so you may still receive an offer in a later round depending on your circumstances and the preferences you have listed.
If you receive an offer to a lower preference, or if you don’t receive an offer at all, you will be able to check the status of your application and individual preferences using the offer status service online. This service will be available via My Application from Wednesday 18 January. SATAC staff can also help with enquiries from Wednesday; contact us for assistance.
Please be aware, SATAC staff won’t accept a change of preference over the telephone. Please read our changing preferences fact sheet below for advice on how to change preferences in a SATAC application.
SATAC handles an extremely high volume of enquiries following the main offer round and you may experience some waiting times if contacting us by phone or email. We will answer all enquiries as quickly as we can, but if your enquiry isn’t urgent you are likely to experience shorter queues and quicker response times if you avoid this peak period.
The next major round of offers will be Tuesday 31 January with further rounds throughout February and early March. For a full list of offer round dates, please download the undergraduate offer round dates fact sheet.
Undergraduate offer day checklist:
Before 17 January 2017:
- Check you have your SATAC reference number handy. Your SATAC reference number is a nine-digit number that starts with ‘17’.
- Ensure the email address listed on your application is up to date and an email address that you currently have access to by logging in to My Application. This is very important as SATAC sends offer information by email.
On offer day – 17 January 2017:
- Check your email – including your inbox, junk and spam folder - for an offer. Offers will be emailed out throughout the day, until 5pm.
- If you receive an offer for your first preference, SATAC will automatically accept the offer on your behalf. Read your offer PDF carefully and follow the instructions for enrolling in your course.
- If you receive an offer to a lower preference, or if you don’t receive an offer at all, you will be able to check the status of your application and individual preferences using the offer status service online via My Application on Wednesday, 18 January.
- All online services via My Application will be closed on Tuesday 17 January 2017. The online services will reopen on Wednesday 18 January.